Our members have written some lovely articles for us about:
- running with rescue dogs – by Andrew
- how canicross has improved their general fitness and running and all the fun things they’ve done because of the club – by Louise
- the buzz of canicross and how you can quickly get hooked on it – by Amber and Sampras
- how much fun they have at the canicross races – Maya McKinnon writing about her first race with her husky sister Kima
- the gorgeous duo of Oscar and Kali who tell their tale of being high energy rescue dogs
What our members say…
The group has had a huge impact on our lives – without it, Lan would never have started running seriously, I would never have started running seriously, I would never have started doing kettlebell training (which I really enjoy), Carlos wouldn’t have developed into the (slightly) more chiilled out dog that he is now and Maisie, well who knows what Maisie thinks. A lot of our lives now revolve around fitness-related activities, a real turnaround for us, with all the positive benefits that that implies. So huge thanks to everyone who makes the group work – lets hope it goes from strength to strength in the next 2 years!
– Grant, runs with Carlos (greyhound), Maisie (greyhound) & Coco (podenco)
This group has also had a huge impact on my life- and Murdo’s! I’ve made so many friends and my fitness has greatly improved. There’s no way I would have thought this time last year that I’d be running in the dark through the woods *for fun*. I can’t thank you guys enough.
– Leah, runs with Murdo (jack russell)
I have only been a member of the group for a few months but have also benefited massively in the short period of time I have been running with you guys. Getting a second dog was as a direct result of being part of the group and both dogs and I get a huge amount of enjoyment from Cani-cross and running with the pack (yes even grumpy Shey). One of the biggest attractions though is the ethos of this club.
I’ll avoid repetition… but simply to say me and Ellie love being part of this club!
– Gail, runs with Ellie (spaniel)
So great to have found such a friendly bunch of dog-loving people. You’ve all been so supportive through our (both mine & the dogs!) various injuries over the past year, & if it wasn’t for this group I’d have given up on running/getting fit long ago I think!
– Jane, runs with Gizzy (podenco) & Sandy (greyhound)
Such a positive and energizing group. Everyone contributes to the fabby ethos. I love our antics ….. here’s to lots more adventures and happy pooches!!!!
– Alison, runs with Jasper (vizsla) & Zac (German shorthaired pointer)
The boys and I love being part of this group.
– Louise, runs with Jake & Ben
I had never run in my life until I joined this group ( and that’s a long time!) and I now love it!
This group = happy fit people + happy well behaved dogs! Really glad to be part of it with Hayley
Team Spangle and myself are very proud to be a part of such a great group
– Jenny, runs with Katie & Petra (spaniels)
I can say that (thanks to Lan & Grant) both my dogs, dearly missed Whisper and little Gypsy, have had immeasurable fun and enriched lives by attending Canicross. And I have too, so YAAAY!
– Catherine, runs with Gypsy (lurcher)
I love feeling normal in this group! Thats all!
– Pamela, runs with Ruby, Molly & Poppy